Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Hosting for the very first time By Avvie Yvonne Reyes | March 9, 2014

The Ideas That Matter IMC Competition was a successful event. The groups Rhythm, Beat and Melody have made a very good job. And yes in the event, I was the host together with Brigitte Dane Agpasa.

So what is it to be a host for the very first time?



I can say that it is not an easy job. It is not something that you can learn in just a snap of a finger because it requires practice and confidence. I know that I am confident that day but confidence is not enough. Things that should be delivered to the audience should have content. Program flow also depends on hosting so when it is not done properly the program flow will not go smooth.

What happened to the event’s program flow? What is the audience response?
I have seen the audience’s evaluation. Most of the audience have ranked it to 2 which mean that it was just fair. I felt bad for the program flow. I told myself that I should have done better and that I should have not worried so much about the unfinished script.

And it does not end there

I learned that it is important to relax your mind and stay focus. I have enjoyed and learned a lot not only from the IMC Competition event but also from the whole semester’s ITM events and meetings. Learnings from here are things that I will be bringing and applying in so many things ahead.

2 comments:

  1. i was at the event with my friends and heard your commentary during the event. Honestly it was very stiff but nonetheless you tried your best and pulled through even though at the very end you were still a bit awkward :))))) hahaha! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hit there! Thank you for your honesty! Yeah from the very start it was indeed an awkward show! hahaha! But I look forward to improvement!

      Delete