Sunday, March 16, 2014

My ITM Experience as Finance Manager By Yna de Leon

 The start of second semester seemed quite dull for me. I saw myself doing the same thing every day – waiting for the day to end, doing my plates at home, reviewing my lessons, and trying to beat the deadlines. Don’t get me wrong, I love what I do yet by the mere virtue of being human, having a routine can turn out to be eventually boring and Math is my worst enemy and talking to people is one of my weaknesses, but I have to face both at the same time when I became the finance and sponsorship head. Of course, I have to get us a sponsor for our events.  We called every head office of different companies to talk to the marketing manager and ask the same question every time-“Are you open for sponsoring our event?”


Some immediately gave their contact details to send our proposals, while others keep on changing their office hours. After sending the proposals, we waited. You have to be patient, because some took ages to reply. If they do reply, respond quickly for they might lose interest.

When they agreed to be your sponsor-or even if not-you have to stay in touch with them. Give them updates every once in a while, but not too often that they’ll get irritated. You have to give them every detail of your event, so there won’t be any confusion. Answer their emails or phone calls and do not forget to say how thankful you are to them for being a part of your event.



2 comments: